Rapha - Explore Shoes
Please use the ENQUIRY FORM/BUTTON for product details, color variants, and the latest stock information.
Designed in-house from the ground up, the Explore Shoe is not an adaptation of a road shoe but purpose-built for the rigours of off-road riding.
A strong, lightweight carbon footplate transfers power efficiently when pedalling, but finishes before the toe and heel to provide flex just where you need it for comfort while walking. The footplate is set into an extremely grippy rubber sole with a recess for the cleat that ensures you will remain surefooted on any terrain, in all weather conditions.
The sculpted heel cup has been designed to hug your foot, keeping the shoe comfortably in place on and off the bike, with a low-cut upper that avoids rubbing your ankles. The midfoot is hugely adjustable thanks to a unique double-wall lacing system, with durable eyelets integrated in the shoe’s upper and robust laces, for a secure fit that’s tailored to your foot. Adjustable arch support allows for a range of foot shapes while a spacious toe box with a toe strap for micro adjustments means all-day comfort when riding.
Tested over tens of thousands of kilometres on bikepacking expeditions and ultra-endurance races, from Dolomite trails to the sands of the Sahara, the Explore Shoes are ready for a sure-footed getaway.
- Signature reflective Rapha toe strap
- Lightweight carbon sole, cut shorter for flexibility at toe and heel
- Durable and grippy natural rubber tread
- Elastic loop keeps laces neatly away from your chainset
- Lightweight anodized titanium hardware
- Lightweight at 300g (size 42)
- 2-bolt compatible cleats
- Supple perforated, seamless one-piece microfiber upper
- Reflective heel for visibility at night
- Reinforced toe and heel for durability
- Upper: 100% microfibre
- Laces: 100% polyester
- Sole footplate: carbon fibre
- Outsole cover: 100% rubber
- EVA insole with soft antimicrobial microfibre top layer
- Cleat bolts: 100% anodized titanium