- BUYING A BIKE
- The new Tarmac is designed to go fast, there's no if's, and's, or but's about that—but it represents so much more than just aerodynamic prowess. With a light-weight, Rider-First Engineered™ frame, it delivers the best-possible ride characteristics, no matter the size. So no matter what you have planned for your new Tarmac, its ready to help you achieve your goals—PRs, KOMs, or podium top-steps. One bike to rule them all.
With the new SRAM Rival eTap AXS 12-speed group to bring wireless shifting to the masses, along wtih some fast rolling tires in the Turbo Pro 700x26mm tires, this new Tarmac delivers performance at a more palatable price point.
- While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac’s development, and to the development of all of our race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department—the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, we delivered a frame that weighs a mere 920 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
- Continuing our quest to develop the perfect race bike, we used our Rider-First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet—no matter the size. With an army of the world’s best test riders from our three World Tour Teams — Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe — we made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. We balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable—all without giving up anything to the Tarmac’s legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that’s easy to live with. We’ve improved the routing for any configuration — mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. — all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It’s a win-win.
FRAMESET Frame Tarmac SL7 FACT 10r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc SUSPENSION Fork FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc COCKPIT Handlebars Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp Stem Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree Tape Supacaz Super Sticky Kush Saddle Body Geometry Power Sport, steel rails SeatPost 2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, 20mm offset Seat Binder Tarmac integrated wedge BRAKES Front Brake SRAM Rival, hydraulic disc Rear Brake SRAM Rival, hydraulic disc DRIVETRAIN Shift Levers SRAM Rival eTap AXS, hydraulic Front Derailleur SRAM Rival eTAP AXS, braze-on Rear Derailleur SRAM Rival eTap AXS, 12-speed Cassette SRAM Rival, 12-speed, 10-36t Crankset SRAM Rival Chainrings 48/35T Bottom Bracket SRAM DUB BSA 68 Chain SRAM Rival 12-speed WHEELS & TIRES Front Wheel DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples. Rear Wheel DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples. Front Tire Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm Rear Tire Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm Inner Tubes Presta, 48mm valve
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure your bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will be boxed, with wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely the best place to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at email@example.com to organise a time that suits all parties.