- BUYING A BIKE
When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How'd we do it? We started with our Rider-First Engineered™ frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers than the Tarmac SL5, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling.
This Tarmac comes with a reliable spec that includes Shimano 105 mechanical shifting and quick-stopping hydraulic disc brakes, durable DT R470 Disc wheels, and our fan-favorite Power saddle.
- For the construction of the Tarmac, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 9r carbon.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered™. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
DRIVETRAIN FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano 105 R7000, braze-on CRANKSET Shimano 105 R7000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano 105 R7000, long cage, 11-speed SHIFT LEVERS Shimano 105 R7020, hydraulic disc BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano Threaded BSA BB CHAIN KMC X11 Extra Lightweight, 11-speed CASSETTE Shimano 105 R7000, 11-speed, 11-30t BRAKES FRONT BRAKE Shimano 105, Hydraulic disc REAR BRAKE Shimano 105, Hydraulic disc COCKPIT SADDLE Body Geometry Power Sport, steel rails SEATPOST S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset SEAT BINDER Collar for carbon frames TAPE Roubaix S-Wrap HANDLEBARS Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp STEM Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise WHEELS & TIRES REAR WHEEL DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, alloy freehub body, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples. INNER TUBES Presta, 48mm valve REAR TIRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm FRONT TIRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm FRONT WHEEL DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples. Suspension FORK FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc FRAMESET FRAME Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
44 49 52 54 56 58 61 Crank Length 165 165 170 172.5 172.5 175 175 Handlebar Width 360 380 400 420 420 440 440 Stem Length 70 80 90 100 100 110 110 Saddle Width 155 155 155 143 143 143 143 Seatpost Length 300 300 350 350 350 400 400 Head Tube Length 93 102 113 131 151 178 198 BB Height 266 266 266 268 268 268 268 Fork Rake/Offset 47 47 47 44 44 44 44 Head Tube Angle 70.5 71.75 72.5 73 73.5 73.5 74 BB Drop 74 74 74 72 72 72 72 Fork Length, Full 366 366 366 366 366 366 366 Trail 71 63 58 58 55 55 52 Seat Tube Angle 75.5 75.5 74 74 73.5 73.5 73 Front Center 574 577 579 592 606 613 572 Chainstay Length 410 410 410 410 410 410 410 Bike Standover Height 723 735 746 768 786 808 834 Wheelbase 970 973 975 978 991 1006 1013 Seat Tube Length 435 447 458 475 496 517 547 Top Tube Length, Horizontal 496 509 531 541 563 577 595 Stack to Stem 522 535 552 573 599 620 509 Reach to Stem 363 372 377 381 393 400 406 Frame Stack 517 534 555 581 602 491 504 Frame Reach 369 378 383 387 398 405 411
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure you bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will have it boxed, wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble, or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely best placed to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at email@example.com to organise a time that suits all parties.