Specialized - S-Works Tarmac Disc - Dura Ace Di2 - 2020
Please use the enquiry form/button for product details, color variants, and the latest stock information.
- BUYING A BIKE
- When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How’d we do it? We started with our 500-piece, Rider-First Engineered™ frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 45 seconds faster than the Tarmac SL5, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling.
This S-Works Tarmac comes ready to race with Shimano's new Dura-Ace 9170 Di2 groupset with disc brakes and the lightweight, yet impressively aerodynamic, Roval CLX 50 Disc wheels with 26mm Turbo Cotton tires.
- For the construction of the Tarmac Disc, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 12r carbon. It's the most advanced material, and schedule, we've ever made, and this allowed us to shed nearly 200 grams—that's right, a 20% reduction in frame weight.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered™. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, three areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape, dropped seatstays with aero tubes, and a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 45 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
- For additional compliance, the seatpost has flex built-into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen. We also dropped the seatstays, altered the seat tube shape, and added tire clearance up to 30mm.
DRIVETRAIN BOTTOM BRACKET OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings CHAIN Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed CRANKSET S-Works Power Cranks, dual-sided power measurement, +/- 1.5% accuracy SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 Disc R9170 FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, braze-on CASSETTE Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-speed, 11-30t CHAINRINGS 52/36T REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, 11-speed SUSPENSION FORK S-Works FACT 12r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc COCKPIT SADDLE Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base SEAT BINDER Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly TAPE Roubaix S-Wrap SEATPOST S-Works FACT carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset HANDLEBARS S-Works Short & Shallow STEM S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise WHEELS & TIRES REAR WHEEL Roval CLX 50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, DT Swiss 240 internals, CeramicSpeed bearings, 24h INNER TUBES Turbo Ultralight, 60mm Presta valve FRONT TIRE Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm REAR TIRE Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm FRONT WHEEL Roval CLX 50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, CeramicSpeed bearings, 21h BRAKES FRONT BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc REAR BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc FRAMESET FRAME S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon fiber, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure you bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will have it boxed, wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble, or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely best placed to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at email@example.com to organise a time that suits all parties.