- BUYING A BIKE
Nothing is faster than the Tarmac SL8 thanks to a combination of aerodynamics, lightweight, and ride quality previously thought impossible. After eight generations and over two decades of development, it’s more than the fastest Tarmac ever - it’s the world’s fastest race bike. Your legs up for it?
Aerodynamics or lightweight alone don’t win races - speed is what matters. Delivering that speed requires creating an uncompromising combination of aerodynamics, lightweight, stiffness, and compliance. Through race simulations using real world data our Ride Science team knows the Tarmac SL8 is the fastest race bike ever made on the routes that matter - 16.6 seconds faster over 40km, 128 seconds faster over Milan San Remo, 20 seconds faster over the legendary Tourmalet climb.
- AERO IN EVERYTHING: We’re putting aero where it matters - the leading edge - not just where it looks good. In the process we’ve created our most aerodynamic road bike ever. Yes, it’s more aero than the Venge. Clean air is optimized for maximum advantage with the Tarmac’s new nose cone - the Speed Sniffer. By moving the steer tube back - the tube that determines head tube width - the leading edge of the head tube can be much sharper, delivering a much lower drag shape. Utilizing new UCI rules, the Tarmac SL8 has the narrowest, most aero seat post we’ve ever made ensuring fast moving, dirty air around the legs can flow back more cleanly. Doesn’t victory smell sweet?
- MINIMUM WEIGHT, MAXIMUM AERO: Tarmac SL8 took learnings from Aethos to be easily built at the UCI minimum with a full aero set up. The team delivered a mind bending, scale tickling 685 gram frame - 15% lighter than the Tarmac SL7 and lighter than anything on else on the World Tour*. With the ability to make lightweight a top priority in the down tube, seat tube, and rear of the bike lessons from Aethos were applied. The frame’s shape carries load so efficiently that extra carbon stiffness layers become redundant. *Unless of course you count the time Kasper Asgreen raced our 585 gram Aethos frame during a Tour stage.
- GOES LIKE HELL, RIDES LIKE HEAVEN: With massive gains in stiffness-to-weight - an improvement of 33% over the SL7 - the Tarmac SL8 takes legendary handling, aggressive responsiveness and World Championship proven geometry to the next level. The bike is stiffer at the pedals, more precise at the bars, and combines it with a compliant ride in the saddle that sets a new benchmark for race bike comfort. Thanks to our Rider-First Engineering, every rider, regardless of size, gets the same unprecedented ride quality and handling. In the saddle the Tarmac SL8 delivers 6% more compliance, floating over rough road with a supple feel unique in the high strung world of race bikes. Tarmac’s proven geometry and 32mm tire clearance are identical to the SL7, ensuring easy adaptation and the versatility to run higher volume tires when needed.
- BEYOND GENDER: There can be more difference between two male cyclists than between a male and female. Gender alone doesn’t provide nearly enough data to specialize and that means creating male or female bikes is arbitrary and outdated. Every rider can get the next level advantage of Tarmac SL8. It’s time to go Beyond Gender.
- S-Works Tarmac SL8 is spec’d with only the best components. A full SRAM Red eTap AXS groupset with power meter, and a Roval Rapide CLX II tubeless-ready wheelset is the perfect complement to the world’s fastest frame. All S-Works Tarmac SL8 models ship with a Roval Rapide cockpit to save weight and for the fastest possible leading edge
WEIGHT WEIGHT SIZE 56cm WEIGHT 6.85 kg (15 lb, 1.6 oz) COCKPIT SADDLE Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base HANDLEBARS Roval Rapide Cockpit, Integrated Bar/Stem STEM Roval Rapide Cockpit, Integrated Bar/Stem SEATPOST S-Works Tarmac SL8 Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, 15mm offset TAPE Supacaz Super Sticky Kush SEAT BINDER Tarmac integrated wedge SUSPENSION FORK S-Works FACT 12r Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc FRAMESET FRAME S-Works Tarmac SL8 FACT 12r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc WHEELS & TIRES INNER TUBES Turbo Ultralight, 60mm Presta valve FRONT WHEEL Roval Rapide CLX II, Tubeless, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 51mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 18h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes REAR WHEEL Roval Rapide CLX II, Tubeless, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 60mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 24h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes FRONT TIRE S-Works Turbo Rapidair 2BR, 700x26mm REAR TIRE S-Works Turbo Rapidair 2BR, 700x26mm DRIVETRAIN BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM DUB BSA 68 REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM RED eTAP AXS, 12-speed CHAIN SRAM RED 12-speed CRANKSET SRAM RED AXS Power Meter CASSETTE SRAM RED XG-1290, 12-speed, 10-33t FRONT DERAILLEUR SRAM RED eTAP AXS, braze-on SHIFT LEVERS SRAM Red eTap AXS CHAINRINGS 48/35T BRAKES FRONT BRAKE SRAM Red eTAP AXS, hydraulic disc REAR BRAKE SRAM Red eTAP AXS, hydraulic disc
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
44 49 52 54 56 58 61 Crank Length 165 165 170 172.5 172.5 175 175 Handlebar Width 380 380 400 420 420 440 440 Stem Length 75 75 90 100 100 110 110 Saddle Width 155 155 155 143 143 143 143 Seatpost Length 300 300 300 380 380 380 380 Stack to Stem 509 522 535 552 573 599 620 Reach to Stem 363 372 377 381 393 400 406 Frame Stack 501 514 527 544 565 591 612 Frame Reach 366 375 380 384 395 402 408 Head Tube Length 99 109 120 137 157 184 204 Head Tube Angle 70.5 71.75 72.5 73 73.5 73.5 74 BB Height 266 266 266 268 268 268 268 BB Drop 74 74 74 72 72 72 72 Trail 71 63 58 58 55 55 52 Fork Length, Full 370 370 370 370 370 370 370 Fork Rake/Offset 47 47 47 44 44 44 44 Front Center 572 574 577 579 592 606 613 Chainstay Length 410 410 410 410 410 410 410 Wheelbase 970 973 975 978 991 1006 1013 Top Tube Length, Horizontal 496 509 531 541 563 577 595 Bike Standover Height 723 735 746 768 786 808 834 Seat Tube Length 433 445 456 473 494 515 545 Seat Tube Angle 75.5 75.5 74 74 73.5 73.5 73
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure you bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will have it boxed, wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble, or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely best placed to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a time that suits all parties.