Specialized - S-Works Shiv Disc - 2021
Interested in this bike? Please email us or use the ENQUIRY FORM below to check your size and availability.
- BUYING A BIKE
Pro Tip: Use our Shiv Finder to determine the proper Shiv size for you. We've never been ones for dogmatic rules. And with a little defiance of the UCI's rule book, the Shiv sets the new standard for speed—again. It keeps its aero, fuel, and fit focus, but does so in an entirely new and novel way. Yes, it has disc brakes. Yes, it's easy to travel with. And yes, it takes aero to unheard of heights using storage and fit features that also make you faster. There's only one bike that's going to help get you to the top of the podium this season and that's the Shiv Disc.
To ensure that it's "race-ready, right out of the box," we've spec'd the S-Works Shiv Disc with only the top components. Shimano's Dura-Ace Di2 with hydraulic disc brakes is in charge of both shifting and braking duties. Our S-Works Power Cranks, meanwhile, provide you with all the power data you'd ever need. And for the rolling stock, the Roval CLX 64 Disc wheels are not only extremely aerodynamic, but they're far lighter than any other wheels in their class.
- The incredibly aerodynamic, crosswind-optimized, and non-UCI-legal FACT carbon frame features all the details you’ve asked for. It’s packable, adjustable, has our Hydration and Nutrition Fuelcell systems, and it makes it easy to find your perfect fit. Compared to the fastest 2011 Shiv setup possible (Fuelcell, slammed bars, clean cable routing, BTA bottle), the Shiv Disc is nearly a minute faster over the Kona course. With a more typical Shiv setup, the Shiv Disc is faster by minutes—plural. So, no matter how much you need to carry, you’re sure to have the fastest setup come race day.
- What was that about storage? Just like with the original Shiv, the Shiv Disc features both Hydration and Nutrition Fuelcell storage options, but we didn't simply reuse them. Instead, we designed them from the ground up. We moved the Hydration Fuelcell from inside the frame to the rear of the bike. Now, it's entirely hidden within the frame (even the hydration hose), which not only allows for more fluid capacity, but it also helps with aerodynamics. The Nutrition Fuelcell utilizes the additional volume created by the "New Shape of Speed" for the down tube, and this creates plenty of room for snacks. How many snacks? 10-12 gels, 4-5 bars, or 5-6 chews fit with ease, and it can also be removed to easily access the Shimano Di2 A-Junction Box or a flat repair kit
- We also made sure that the Shiv is plenty adjustable for you to dial-in your fit. The frame comes in four different sizes that are based on over 1,000 Retül fits with actual athletes, all to ensure that your ideal fit is achievable. Our Shiv Finder tool makes it easy to determine your size based on your current position, so getting your most powerful aerodynamic position is easily achievable.
- Adjustability was also high on the list for the aerobars, extensions, and arm pads, so the cockpit is adjustable on nearly every access. Need more or less base bar stack? Simply loosen a single bolt on each side and tilt it up or down. The aerobars, themselves, also offer plenty of adjustability—fore, aft, and pad width, all with aggressive and relaxed positions in mind. An added bonus of this adjustability is the ease of travel. All you have to do is fold the base bar down to the fork, unbolt the cockpit, and your Shiv is ready for the bike box. We couldn't make it any easier.
FRAMESET FRAME S-Works FACT 11r carbon, FACT IS construction, crosswind-optimized airfoils, OSBB, Integrated Fit System, Integrated Nutrition and Hydration Fuelcell, flat-mount disc brakes SUSPENSION FORK FACT 11r carbon, integrated Fit System, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle COCKPIT HANDLEBARS Specialized Shiv Aerobar, carbon, variable stack adjust TAPE Roubaix S-Wrap SADDLE Sitero Pro, carbon rails SEATPOST Shiv Disc Carbon Post, 0mm Offset BRAKES FRONT BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9170, hydraulic disc REAR BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9170, hydraulic disc DRIVETRAIN FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, braze-on REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, 11-speed CASSETTE Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-speed, 11-28t CRANKSET S-Works Power Cranks, dual-sided power measurement, +/- 1.5% accuracy CHAINRINGS 52/36T BOTTOM BRACKET OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings CHAIN Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed WHEELS & TIRES FRONT WHEEL Roval CLX 64 Disc rim, Roval AFD1, Center Lock™, CeramicSpeed bearings, 21h REAR WHEEL Roval CLX 64 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 64mm depth, DT Swiss 240 internals, CeramicSpeed bearings, 24h FRONT TIRE Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x24mm REAR TIRE Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x24mm INNER TUBES Turbo Ultralight, 80mm Presta valve ACCESSORIES PEDALS Specialized Dirt
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure you bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will have it boxed, wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble, or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely best placed to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at email@example.com to organise a time that suits all parties.