- BUYING A BIKE
Trail-worthy, meet drool-worthy. Perfect, now that introductions are out of the way, let’s do our best to try and grasp the fact that the Epic EVO Pro manages to channel the Epic’s standard-setting pedaling efficiency while delivering jaw-dropping on-trail capability—and look darn good doing it.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we’ve worked overtime to make sure it’s been implemented in a way that’ll have you saying ‘Whoa!’ as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic’s standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO’s new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you're able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency.
With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It’s also more versatile than ever thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO’s handling characteristics.
Dressed to impress, the Epic EVO Pro sports top-shelf Fox Factory suspension front and rear to keep things poised when the going gets rough, while the silky shifts and rock-solid performance of Shimano's 12-speed XTR group will never go out of style.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the Epic EVO’s FACT 11m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to reduce the EVO’s headtube angle by half a degree while lowering bottom bracket height by 10 millimeters.
- Pairing the all-new FOX FLOAT 34 Factory's lightweight chassis with the Fit4 damper's impressive control and on-the-fly compression adjustment makes for a fork with impressive performance both climbing and descending, making it a perfect match for the Epic EVO.
- Stuck in your search for braking bliss? Don't worry, Shimano's XTR M9120 brakes will see you on your way to braking nirvana with their Servo-Wave roller-cam levers and superlative stopping power coming from four ceramic pistons per caliper.
- 27 years of loving devotion—and countless engineering hours—from Shimano have certainly paid dividends for their legendary XTR groupset, breaking it's own performance benchmarks time and time again in it's wildly successful quest for the ultimate shifting experience.
- Descending from a long World Cup lineage, hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 29-millimeter internal-width hookless rim and straight-pull DT Swiss 350 hubs to maximize strength, ride quality, and durability while keeping weight to a minimum.
FRAMESET FRAME FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel SEAT BINDER Specialized Alloy, 34.9mm SUSPENSION REAR SHOCK FOX FLOAT DPS Factory, Rx XC Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, Kashima Coat, 3-position adjustment w/ Open Mode Adjustment, 190x40mm FORK FOX FLOAT 34 Factory, Fit4 damper, Kashima Coating, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 120mm of travel COCKPIT STEM Race Face Aeffect R, 60mm, 35mm clamp HANDLEBARS Race Face NEXT Carbon, 20mm rise, 8-degree backsweep, 760mm wide, 35mm TAPE Specialized Trail Grips SADDLE Body Geometry Power Expert, titanium rails SEATPOST Fox Factory Transfer, Kashima, 30.9mm, 125mm / 150mm / 175mm travel BRAKES FRONT BRAKE Shimano XTR M9120, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor REAR BRAKE Shimano XTR M9120, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor DRIVETRAIN REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, Shadow Plus SHIFT LEVERS Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed CASSETTE Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, 10-51t CHAIN Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed w/ quick link CRANKSET Shimano XTR 9100, Hollowtech 2, 162 q-factor, 32T Chainring, SM: 170mm, M-XL: 175mm CHAINRINGS 32T BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano, BB-MT800, Threaded WHEELS RIMS Roval Control, Carbon offset design, 29mm internal width, 4mm hook width, Tubeless ready, 28h FRONT HUB DT Swiss 350, 6-bolt, 15mm Thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 28h straight -pull REAR HUB DT Swiss 350 straight-pull, 6-bolt, DT Swiss Star Ratchet, 12x148mm thru axle, Microspline freehub body, 28h straight-pull SPOKES DT Swiss Comp Race FRONT TIRE Specialized Ground Control, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29x2.35 REAR TIRE Specialized Ground Control, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29x2.35 INNER TUBES Specialized Turbo Tube
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
Crank Length Handlebar Width Stem Length Saddle Width Seatpost Length Stack 586 591 605 623 Reach 415 445 470 495 Head Tube Length 95 100 115 135 Head Tube Angle 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 BB Height 324 324 324 324 BB Drop 48 48 48 48 Trail 106 106 106 106 Fork Length, Full 505 505 505 505 Fork Rake/Offset 44 44 44 44 Front Center 687 719 750 782 Chainstay Length 433 433 433 433 Wheelbase 1116 1148 1179 1211 Bike Standover Height 763 766 776 788 Seat Tube Length 400 430 470 520 Seat Tube Angle 75.8 75.5 75.5 75.5 Top Tube Length, Horizontal 563 598 626 656
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure you bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will have it boxed, wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble, or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely best placed to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a time that suits all parties.