Specialized - Diverge Expert Carbon - 2021
Interested in this bike? Please email us or use the ENQUIRY FORM below to check your size and availability.
- GEOMETRY & SIZING
- BUYING A BIKE
Whether your goal is to escape on gravel back roads, far from cars and crowds, or drop the hammer at the front of your favorite gravel race, no bike does it better than the new Diverge. It’s quite simply the fastest, most capable - and just maybe the most fun - bike we’ve ever made, delivering a ride that’s quick and lively under power, but stable and confidence inspiring when the terrain gets rough. From Future Shock 2.0 and all-new gravel geometry, to internal storage and category leading tire clearance, the new Diverge represents everything we’ve learned over more than 40 years of riding road, gravel and dirt. The Diverge writes an entirely new chapter in the gravel bike category, so you can dream up entirely new rides. It’s the ultimate getaway vehicle.
With a FACT 9r carbon frame and Future Shock 2.0 the Diverge Expert will have you riding faster and more confidently over more terrain than you ever imagined possible. Shimano’s new gravel inspired GRX Di2 1x11 group puts all your gears in reach with a quick click and DT Swiss G540 alloy wheels, mated to Pathfinder Pro 38mm tires ensure performance across smooth pavement, dirt roads and gravel tracks. A Roval Terra seat post post keeps the Diverge Expert perfectly balanced for the ultimate ride.
- With a FACT 9r carbon frame, the Diverge Expert frame is incredible capable and race bike light. Pin it for your local dirt climb KOM, or grind up a giant back country peak, the light and lively Diverge will get you there faster.
- Speed, control and confidence - Future Shock 2.0 is the ultimate technology for the gravel rider. With 20mm of axial compliance and a hydraulic damper, Future Shock 2.0 suspends the rider not the bike. This keeps you confident and in control, able to keep the power down and stay off the brakes over rough dirt roads and in thick loose gravel, all while keeping your hands, arms and neck fresh. Since Future Shock 2.0’s damper is adjustable, you’ll be ready for the rough stuff and efficient on smooth pavement.
- We tossed gravel geometry ‘status-quo’ out the window. The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry we’ve ever created for a drop bar bike, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. We’ve increased the frame’s reach, introduced a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. All this creates incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while spec’ing shorter stems keeps the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. We’ve kept the bike’s BB low to increase stability, but high enough to utilize with 650b wheels if that’s your jam.
- We’ve given the Diverge plenty of rack mounts, including fork and top tube mounts, to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go, or how long you plan to stay out.
- Nothing unlocks a bike’s capability like tire clearance, so we gave the new Diverge a whopping 47mm of tire clearance with a 700c wheel and 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a drive side chain stay utilizing a solid beam of carbon behind the chain rings we’ve created clearance without using a fragile dropped chain stay design or increasing chain stay length.
- The more capable your bike, the bigger your rides get, so Diverge borrows SWAT internal storage from the legendary Stumpy. The SWAT door lets you utilize space in the down tube to store tools, a flat kit, nutrition and even our SWAT Jacket. It keeps weight off your body, low in the bike for better handling, and makes you more self-sufficient, so get out there. SWAT’s got your back.
FRAMESET FRAME Specialized Diverge FACT 9r carbon, SWAT™ Door integration, Future Shock suspension, threaded BB, internal routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc SUSPENSION FORK Future Shock 2.0 w/ Damper, Smooth Boot, FACT carbon, 12x100 mm thru-axle, flat-mount COCKPIT HANDLEBARS Specialized Adventure Gear Hover, 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12º flare STEM Future Stem, Pro TAPE Roubaix S-Wrap SADDLE Body Geometry Power Expert SEAT BINDER Alloy, 30.8mm SEATPOST Roval Terra Carbon Seat Post, 20mm Offset DRIVETRAIN SHIFT LEVERS Shimano GRX RX815 hydraulic brake levers, 11 speed electronic shifting REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano GRX RX817 Di2, 11-speed CASSETTE Shimano XT, 11-speed, 11-42t CRANKSET Shimano GRX RX810-1 CHAINRINGS 40T BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano threaded CHAIN Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed WHEELS & TIRES FRONT TIRE Pathfinder Pro, 2Bliss Ready, transparent sidewall, 700x38mm REAR TIRE Pathfinder Pro, 2Bliss Ready, transparent sidewall, 700x38mm INNER TUBES 700x28/38mm, 48mm Presta valve FRONT WHEEL DT Swiss G540 rim, 24mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples REAR WHEEL DT Swiss G540 rim, 24mm inner width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, alloy freehub body, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples ACCESSORIES PEDALS Specialized Dirt SWAT Integrated SWAT door, internal storage system BRAKES FRONT BRAKE Shimano GRX RX815, hydraulic disc REAR BRAKE Shimano GRX RX815, hydraulic disc
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure you bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will have it boxed, wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble, or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely best placed to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at email@example.com to organise a time that suits all parties.