- BUYING A BIKE
The new Tarmac is designed to go fast, there’s no if’s, and’s, or but’s about that—but it represents so much more than just aerodynamic prowess. With a light-weight, Rider-First Engineered™ frame, it delivers the best-possible ride characteristics, no matter the size. So no matter what you have planned for your new Tarmac, its ready to help you achieve your goals—PRs, KOMs, or podium top-steps. One bike to rule them all.
With a full Shimano Ultegra Di2 electronic groupset to keep shifts crisp and fast, and S-Works Turbo 700x26mm tires to keep you rolling fast, this new Tarmac delivers performance at a more palatable price point.
- 'Aero is everything'—we’ve been preaching it for years and it’s still the driving force for the new Tarmac. In our quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, we took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized our FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a library of optimized shapes, we turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike, for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac Expert that’s faster than before—33 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6. No compromises, just pure speed.
- While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac’s development, and to the development of all of our race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department—the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, we delivered a frame that weighs a mere 920 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
- Continuing our quest to develop the perfect race bike, we used our Rider-First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet—no matter the size. With an army of the world’s best test riders from our three World Tour Teams — Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe — we made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. We balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable—all without giving up anything to the Tarmac’s legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that’s easy to live with. We’ve improved the routing for any configuration — mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. — all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It’s a win-win.
FRAMESET Frame S-Works Tarmac SL7 FACT 12r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc Suspension Fork FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc COCKPIT Handlebars PRO Vibe 7s OS Compact II 44 Stem PRO Vibe 7s 100mm 10Deg Tape Supacaz Super Sticky Kush Saddle Toupe expert SeatPost 2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, 20mm offset Seat Binder Tarmac integrated wedge BRAKES Front Brake Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc Rear Brake Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc DRIVETRAIN Shift Levers Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc Front Derailleur Shimano Ultegra R8150, braze-on Rear Derailleur Shimano Ultegra R8150, 12-speed Cassette Shimano Ultegra, 12-speed, 11-30t Crankset Shimano Ultegra R8100 Chainrings 52/36T Bottom Bracket Shimano Threaded BSA BB Chain Shimano Ultegra, 12-speed WHEELS & TIRES Front Wheel Roval Rapide CLX II (not pictured) Rear Wheel Roval Rapide CLX II (not pictured) Front Tire S-Works Turbo 28 Rear Tire S-Works Turbo 28 Inner Tubes Turbo Ultralight, 48mm Presta valve Front Hub ACCESSORIES Pedals
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
44 49 52 54 56 58 61 Crank Length 165 165 170 172.5 172.5 175 175 Handlebar Width 360 380 400 420 420 440 440 Stem Length 70 80 90 100 100 110 110 Saddle Width 155 155 155 143 143 143 143 Seatpost Length 300 300 300 380 380 380 380 Head Tube Length 93 102 113 131 151 178 198 BB Height 266 266 266 268 268 268 268 Fork Rake/Offset 47 47 47 44 44 44 44 Head Tube Angle 70.5 71.75 72.5 73 73.5 73.5 74 BB Drop 74 74 74 72 72 72 72 Fork Length, Full 366 366 366 366 366 366 366 Trail 71 63 58 58 55 55 52 Seat Tube Angle 75.5 75.5 74 74 73.5 73.5 73 Front Center 574 577 579 592 606 613 572 Chainstay Length 410 410 410 410 410 410 410 Bike Standover Height 723 735 746 768 786 808 834 Wheelbase 970 973 975 978 991 1006 1013 Seat Tube Length 435 447 458 475 496 517 547 Top Tube Length, Horizontal 496 509 531 541 563 577 595 Stack to Stem 522 535 552 573 599 620 509 Reach to Stem 363 372 377 381 393 400 406 Frame Stack 517 534 555 581 602 491 504 Frame Reach 369 378 383 387 398 405 411
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure you bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will have it boxed, wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble, or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely best placed to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at email@example.com to organise a time that suits all parties.