Continental GP4000 Tubular Tyre
Please use the ENQUIRY FORM/BUTTON for product details, color variants, and the latest stock information.
The best all-rounder
- the tubular version of the most popular race bike tyre in the world
- perfect all-rounder for all conceivable road race conditions
- excellent puncture protection thanks to Vectran™ puncture protection insert
- excellent grip, high mileage and efficient rolling thanks to BlackChili Compound
A new relationship between grip and rolling resistance
- This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in our German factory has revolutionised bicycle tyres.
- BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds.
- Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a constant ride from the first to the last kilometre.
The benchmark in puncture protection
Vectran™ is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran™ is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran™ is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran™ has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tyre as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran™ Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran™ Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
|28 X 22||28 X 22mm||Vectran Breaker||black/black Skin||4/240||270|