Specialized - Epic Comp - 2021
Interested in this bike? Please email us or use the ENQUIRY FORM below to check your size and availability.
- BUYING A BIKE
You never forget your first taste of real speed, you know, the kind that brings an ear-to-ear grin you just can't seem to shake. Not to worry, from grinning to winning, the Epic Comp has you covered.
A Smarter BRAIN
Mixing hardtail efficiency and full-suspension capability to impressively quick results, Epic has always been defined by uncompromised commitment to speed.
Well, that and over 100 World Cup wins and podiums too. True to form, the latest Epic continues the tradition, taking advantage of the most efficient BRAIN suspension we've ever created to ensure it's always on a first-name-basis with fast.
Re-engineered hand-in-hand with the new Epic, the latest BRAIN design resets the expectation for efficiency, employing a new race-tuned pedaling platform to ensure every watt possible is translated into forward motion, while handily soaking up momentum-killing chatter and big hits alike—all more smoothly than ever.
Redesigned with a focus on efficient power transfer and more confident handling performance, the Epic's all-new FACT 11m carbon frame features a 15-percent stiffer rear triangle in order to take full advantage of the BRAIN's new race-tuned pedaling platform, while the revised carbon layup of the front-triangle sheds weight, sending the Epic's already sky-high stiffness-to-weight ratio even higher.
- Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient BRAIN-controlled travel, the Epic’s FACT 11m carbon frame increases rear-triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer and introduces the most capable handling in an Epic yet, all while shedding weight over the previous-generation Epic.
- The Reba RL from RockShox benefits from the SID's development on the World Cup circuit, providing a race-tested Motion Control damper with external low-speed compression, lockout and rebound adjustments.
- Shimano's SLX brakes are second to none when it comes to fuss-free stopping that's light on the scale and heavy on value.
- Employing tech from upstream XT and XTR offerings, the Shimano SLX rear derailleur ticks off quick shifts and employs a wide, 12-speed range to ensure jumps between gears are as minimal and efficient as possible.
- Specialized Alloy tubeless-ready rims feature a modern 25-millimeter internal width, allowing tires to achieve their ideal profile and footprint for optimal traction.
FRAMESET FRAME FACT 11m Full Carbon, Modern XC Race Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel SWAT SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool SEAT BINDER Specialized Alloy, 34.9mm SUSPENSION REAR SHOCK RockShox-Specialized BRAIN, Rx XC Tune, 5 Position Platform Adjust, Rebound Adjust, Integraded Extension, 265x52.5mm FORK RockShox Reba RL, Motion Control damper, Solo Air, 42mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle, 100mm of travel COCKPIT STEM Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise HANDLEBARS Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp GRIPS Specialized Trail Grips SADDLE Body Geometry Power Sport, hollow Cr-Mo rails SEATPOST Specialized Alloy, Single Bolt, 30.9mm BRAKES FRONT BRAKE Shimano SLX M7100, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc REAR BRAKE Shimano SLX M7100, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc DRIVETRAIN REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano SLX M7100, SGS, 12-speed SHIFT LEVERS Shimano SLX, M7100, 12spd CASSETTE Shimano SLX, CS-M7100, 12-speed, 10-51t CHAIN Shimano SLX, M7100, 12-speed CRANKSET Shimano SLX 7100, Hollowtech 2, 32t Chainring, XS: 165mm, SM: 170mm, M-XL: 175mm CHAINRINGS 32T BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano, BB52, Threaded WHEELS RIMS Specialized Alloy, Tubeless Ready, 25mm internal width, 28h FRONT HUB Shimano MT400-B, Centerlock 28h, 15x110 Boost REAR HUB Shimano MT510-B, Centerlock 28h, 12x148 Boost, Microspline SPOKES DT Swiss Industry FRONT TIRE Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3" REAR TIRE Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3" INNER TUBES Presta, 60mm valve
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure your bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will have it boxed, wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble, or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely best placed to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at email@example.com to organise a time that suits all parties.