Specialized - Epic EVO Expert - 2022
Interested in this bike? Please email us or use the ENQUIRY FORM below to check your size and availability.
- BUYING A BIKE
Looking for a bike that soars as well as it sprints? Look no further than the Epic EVO Expert.
Wheels up or head down, the Epic EVO Expert’s masterful blending of inspired handling, capable geometry and laser-focused pedaling efficiency makes sure no rider ever has to make the decision between fast and fun.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we’ve worked overtime to make sure it’s been implemented in a way that’ll have you saying ‘Whoa!’ as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic’s standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO’s new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you're able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency.
With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It’s also more versatile than ever thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO’s handling characteristics.
SRAM's high-flying X01 Eagle group handles shifting duties, while RockShox's SID Select+ is firmly in charge of takeoffs and landings with it's capable Charger 2 RL damper.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the Epic EVO’s FACT 11m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to reduce the EVO’s headtube angle by half a degree while lowering bottom bracket height by 10 millimeters.
- Suspension up front comes courtesy of RockShox's SID Select+ 120-millimeter fork, featuring their Charger 2 RL Damper with two-postion compression adjustment for impressive pedaling efficiency while the DebonAir spring offers easy tuning and consistent feel throughout the entire range of travel.
- X-Fusion's Manic dropper post offers infinitely adjustable travel via it's slick shifter-stye remote lever for hassle-free operation when things get dicey.
- Descending from a long World Cup lineage, hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 29-millimeter internal-width hookless rim, and maximize strength, ride quality, and durability while keeping weight to a minimum.
FRAMESET Frame FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel SWAT SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool Seat Binder Specialized Alloy, 34.9mm Suspension Rear Shock RockShox SID LUXE Select+, Rx XC Tune, Two Position, Rebound Adjust, 190x40mm Fork Rockshox SID Select+, Charger 2 RL Damper, Debon Air, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 120mm Travel COCKPIT Stem Alloy Trail Stem, 35mm bar bore Handlebars Specialized Alloy, 20mm rise, 35mm, 760mm wide Tape Specialized Trail Grips Saddle Body Geometry Power Sport, steel rails SeatPost X-Fusion Manic, 30.9, 100/125/150 Travel, 0mm offset BRAKES Front Brake SRAM G2 RS, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor Rear Brake SRAM G2 RS, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor DRIVETRAIN Rear Derailleur Sram X01 Eagle, 12-speed Shift Levers SRAM X01 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed Cassette SRAM XG-1275, 12-speed, 10-52t Chain SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed Crankset SRAM X1 Eagle Alloy, DUB, 165/170/175mm, 32t Chainrings 32T Bottom Bracket SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, threaded WHEELS Rims Roval Control SL, Carbon offset design, 29mm internal width, 4mm hook width, Tubeless ready, 28h Front Hub DT Swiss 350, 6-bolt, 15mm Thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 28h straight -pull Rear Hub DT Swiss 350 straight-pull, 6-bolt, DT Swiss Ratchet EXP, 12x148mm thru axle, XD freehub body, 28h straight-pull Spokes DT Swiss Comp Race Front Tire Specialized Ground Control, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29x2.35 Rear Tire Specialized Ground Control, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29x2.35 Inner Tubes Standard, Presta valve
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure your bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will have it boxed, wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.