- BUYING A BIKE
- We designed the new Tarmac to have the perfect blend of aerodynamics, light weight, and ride quality to deliver the ride of your life. From using our FreeFoil Shape Library to find the best tube shapes, to developing our next generation of Rider-First Engineered™ design, the new Tarmac is the culmination of our ever-longing pursuit of speed. It's a pure-bred race machine with no compromises. One bike to rule them all.
The all-new Tarmac Pro delivers the perfect blend of performance and value. With a full Shimano Ultegra Di2 groupset, and Roval's new Rapide CL - with their exceptional stability and aerodynamic prowess - the Tarmac Pro with Ultegra Di2 is ready to race, smash the group ride, or pilot you to that next PR.
- "Aero is everything"—we’ve been preaching it for years and it’s still the driving force for the new Tarmac. In our quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, we took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized our FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a library of optimized shapes, we turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike, for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac that’s the fastest we’ve tested—45 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6. No compromises, just pure speed.
- While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac’s development, and to the development of all of our race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department—the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, we delivered a frame that weighs a mere 920 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
- Continuing our quest to develop the perfect race bike, we used our Rider-First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet—no matter the size. With an army of the world’s best test riders from our three World Tour Teams — Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe — we made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. We balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable—all without giving up anything to the Tarmac’s legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that’s easy to live with. We’ve improved the routing for any configuration — mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. — all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It’s a win-win.
FRAMESET FRAME Tarmac SL7 FACT 10r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc SUSPENSION FORK FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc COCKPIT HANDLEBARS S-Works Aerofly II STEM Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree TAPE Supacaz Super Sticky Kush SADDLE Body Geometry Power Pro, hollow titanium rails, carbon fiber base SEATPOST 2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, Di2 Compatible, 20mm offset SEAT BINDER Tarmac integrated wedge BRAKES FRONT BRAKE Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc REAR BRAKE Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc DRIVETRAIN FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, braze-on REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, GS medium cage CASSETTE Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t CRANKSET Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed CHAINRINGS 52/36T BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano Threaded BSA BB CHAIN Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed WHEELS & TIRES FRONT WHEEL Roval Rapide CL, 21mm internal width carbon rim, Win Tunnel Engineered, DT for Roval 350 hub, DT Swiss Revolution spokes REAR WHEEL Roval Rapide CL, 21mm internal width carbon rim, Win Tunnel Engineered, DT for Roval 350 hub, DT Swiss Revolution spokes FRONT TIRE S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm REAR TIRE S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm INNER TUBES Turbo Ultralight, 60mm Presta valve
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure your bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will be boxed, with wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely the best place to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a time that suits all parties.