Specialized - Tarmac SL6 Disc Comp - 2020
Interested in this bike? Please email us or use the ENQUIRY FORM below to check your size and availability.
- BUYING A BIKE
- When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How’d we do it? We started with our Rider-First Engineered™ frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers than the Tarmac SL5, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling. This Tarmac comes with a no-fuss spec that includes Shimano Ultegra mechanical shifting and quick-stopping hydraulic disc brakes, durable DT R470 Disc wheels, and our fan-favorite Power saddle.
- For the construction of the Tarmac, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 9r carbon.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered™. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
DRIVETRAIN BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano threaded CHAIN Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed CRANKSET Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed, 52/36T SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Ultegra Disc R8020 FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on CASSETTE Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra R8000, Shadow Design, 11-speed SUSPENSION FORK FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc COCKPIT SADDLE Body Geometry Power Comp, Hollow Cr-Mo rails SEAT BINDER Alloy 31.2mm TAPE Roubaix S-Wrap SEATPOST S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset HANDLEBARS Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp STEM Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise WHEELS & TIRES REAR WHEEL DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h INNER TUBES Presta, 48mm valve FRONT TIRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm REAR TIRE Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm FRONT WHEEL DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h BRAKES FRONT BRAKE Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc REAR BRAKE Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc FRAMESET FRAME Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure you bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will have it boxed, wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble, or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely best placed to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at email@example.com to organise a time that suits all parties.