- GEOMETRY & SIZING
- BUYING A BIKE
Whether your goal is to escape on gravel back roads, far from cars and crowds, toe the start line at your first gravel race, or simply get the most versatile bike on the road or dirt, no bike is better than the new Diverge. It’s quite simply the fastest, most capable - and just maybe the most fun – alloy bike we’ve ever made, delivering a ride that’s quick and lively, but stable and confidence inspiring when the terrain gets rough. From Future Shock 1.5 and all-new gravel geometry, to category leading tire clearance, the new Diverge represents everything we’ve learned over more than 40 years of riding road, gravel and dirt. The Diverge writes an entirely new chapter in the gravel bike category, so you can dream up entirely new rides. It’s the ultimate getaway vehicle.
Starting with premium E5 alloy frame and a full carbon FACT fork, we gave the Diverge Comp E5 our Future Shock 1.5 for a fast, confident and comfortable ride on road, in the dirt, and over thick gravel. Shimano’s gravel inspired GRX 600 group shifts 1x11 gears smoothly on any terrain and Axis Elite alloy wheels with Pathfinder Sport 38mm tires add even more capability and versatility.
- Our Premium E5 Aluminum frame provides a stiff, light, and durable platform. When mated to our full carbon FACT fork, the Diverge Comp E5 becomes a light, lively and versatile bike ready to attack any surface.
- Speed, control and confidence - Future Shock 1.5 is ideal technology for the gravel rider. With 20mm of axial compliance, Future Shock 1.5 is progressively tuned to keep you confident and in control, able to keep the power down and stay off the brakes over rough dirt roads and in thick loose gravel, all while keeping your hands, arms and neck fresh.
- We tossed gravel geometry ‘status-quo’ out the window. The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry we’ve ever created for a drop bar bike, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. We’ve increased the frame’s reach, introduced a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. All this creates incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while spec’ing shorter stems keeps the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. We’ve kept the bike’s BB low to increase stability, but high enough to utilize with 650b wheels if that’s your jam.
- We’ve given the Diverge plenty of rack mounts, including fork and top tube mounts, to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go, or how long you plan to stay out.
- Nothing unlocks a bike’s capability like tire clearance, so we gave the new Diverge a whopping 47mm of tire clearance with a 700c wheel and 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a drive side chain stay utilizing a machined alloy beam behind the chain rings we’ve created clearance without using a fragile dropped chain stay design or increasing chain stay length.
FRAMESET FRAME Specialized Diverge E5 Premium Aluminum, Future Shock suspension, threaded BB, internal routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc SUSPENSION FORK Future Shock 1.5 w/Smooth Boot, FACT carbon, 12x100 mm thru-axle, flat-mount COCKPIT HANDLEBARS Specialized Adventure Gear Hover, 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12º flare STEM Future Stem, Comp, w/Integrated computer mount SADDLE Specialized Power, hollow steel rails, 155/143mm SEATPOST Alloy, 2-bolt Clamp, 12mm offset, 27.2mm, anti-corrosion hardware SEAT BINDER Alloy, 30.8mm TAPE Specialized S-Wrap BRAKES FRONT BRAKE Shimano GRX RX600, hydraulic disc REAR BRAKE Shimano GRX RX600, hydraulic disc DRIVETRAIN SHIFT LEVERS Shimano GRX 810 hydraulic brake levers, mechanical shifting REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano RX812 GX, Shadow Plus, 11-speed CASSETTE Shimano SLX, 11-speed, 11-42t CRANKSET Praxis Alba CHAINRINGS 40T BOTTOM BRACKET Praxis 68-0201B, 68mm BSA CHAIN KMC X11 Extra Lightweight, 11-speed WHEELS & TIRES FRONT TIRE Pathfinder Sport, 700x38mm REAR TIRE Pathfinder Sport, 700x38mm INNER TUBES 700x28/38mm, 48mm Presta valve FRONT WHEEL Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width, alloy rim, 23mm depth, 14g spokes, 24h REAR WHEEL Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width alloy rim, 23mm depth, 14g spokes, 28h ACCESSORIES PEDALS Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure your bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will be boxed, with wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely the best place to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at email@example.com to organise a time that suits all parties.