Specialized - S-Works Tarmac SL7 Dura-Ace Di2 - 2021
Interested in this bike? Please email us or use the ENQUIRY FORM below to check your size and availability.
- BUYING A BIKE
Why should you be forced to choose between aerodynamics and weight, between ride quality and speed? It's simple, you shouldn't. Enter the new Tarmac—climb on the lightest bike the UCI allows, then descend on the fastest. We've utilized our most advanced technologies, from our FreeFoil Shape Library to an all-new Rider-First Engineered™ frame, to deliver a race bike that is truly without compromise. The days of making sacrifices between "aero" and "lightweight" bikes are over—the all-new Tarmac is the fastest race bike, ever. One bike to rule them all.
To complement the world's fastest frame, only the best components will do—which is why you'll find the likes of Shimano's Dura-Ace Di2 group with power meter, and Roval's new CLX Rapide wheels, with their exceptional stability and aerodynamic prowess. The S-Works Tarmac is a top-level race machine, right out of the box.
- "Aero is everything"—we’ve been preaching it for years and it’s still the driving force for the new Tarmac. In our quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, we took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized our FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a library of optimized shapes, we turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike, for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac that’s the fastest we’ve tested—45 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6. No compromises, just pure speed.
- While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac’s development, and to the development of all of our race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department—the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, we delivered a frame that weighs a mere 800 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
- Continuing our quest to develop the perfect race bike, we used our Rider-First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet—no matter the size. With an army of the world’s best test riders from our three World Tour Teams — Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe — we made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. We balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable—all without giving up anything to the Tarmac’s legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that’s easy to live with. We’ve improved the routing for any configuration — mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. — all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It’s a win-win.
FRAMESET FRAME S-Works Tarmac SL7 FACT 12r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc SUSPENSION FORK S-Works FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc COCKPIT HANDLEBARS S-Works Aerofly II STEM Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree TAPE Supacaz Super Sticky Kush SADDLE Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base SEATPOST 2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, Di2 Compatible, 20mm offset SEAT BINDER Tarmac integrated wedge BRAKES FRONT BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc REAR BRAKE Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc DRIVETRAIN SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 Disc R9170 FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, braze-on REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, 11-speed CASSETTE Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-speed, 11-30t CRANKSET Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, HollowTech 2, 11-speed, Dual-sided Power meter CHAINRINGS 52/36T BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano Dura-Ace, BB-R9100 CHAIN Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed WHEELS & TIRES FRONT WHEEL Roval Rapide CLX, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 51mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 18h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes REAR WHEEL Roval Rapide CLX, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 60mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 24h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes FRONT TIRE Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm REAR TIRE Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm INNER TUBES Turbo Ultralight, 60mm Presta valve ACCESSORIES SWAT Integrated cycle computer mount
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
All bikes purchased from iRIDE will have been pre-assembled by our mechanics and test ridden. You will also receive a multi point checklist of all the safety checks and bike build elements we work through to ensure your bike is correctly assembled, and then tested so that it runs as it should. Bikes being sent to a customer who is unable to collect it from iRIDE, will be boxed, with wheels, saddle and bars generally off and re-packaged.
The delivery of bikes will be organized once a freight fee can be determined based on weight and delivery location.
Assembly should take no longer than 10-20 minutes. It is recommended that a skilled mechanic assemble or check the bike. If possible your local bike shop is likely the best place to do this from a safety perspective to ensure all is as it should be. If a rider is having any issues we can hook up an online video chat, or talk over the phone. If this service is required email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a time that suits all parties.