Shimano Dura-Ace R9200 - Is Here
For those who never compromise, Shimano’s New R9200 Series Delivers an Ultra-Efficient 12-Speed Drivetrain, a Wireless Cockpit, New Levels of Braking Control, a New Wheel Lineup, and the Fastest Shifting Ever
OSAKA, Japan (August 31, 2021) – With DURA-ACE R9200, Shimano delivers the world’s fastest most precise shifting, expanding its legacy of innovation while setting a new benchmark in road performance. Developed with the Science of Speed design concept, the R9200 series component group features an ultra-efficient 12-speed drivetrain, a reliable wireless cockpit, highly refined ergonomics, new wheels, an enhanced brake system, and integrated digital technology engineered for those who never compromise.
SHIMANO DURA-ACE R9200: Science of Speed
- Every detail, every decision, and every component of the new DURA-ACE R9200 series is engineered to deliver a faster, more reliable, and more intuitive ride experience. In the pursuit of excellence, Shimano dedicated years of research, development, and testing to refine its new flagship road system.
- Evolved Di2 Platform – Completely redesigned Di2 system for Shimano’s fastest shifting ever as well as a wireless cockpit design for the ultimate performance and absolute reliability
- Most Advanced Drivetrain – Optimized 12-speed gearing for unrivaled efficiency and Shimano’s proven HYPERGLIDE+ technology for seamless shifting no matter the situation
- Refined Interface and Ergonomics – The ultimate balance of comfort, aerodynamics, and aesthetics, DURA-ACE offers unparalleled ergonomics, a cleaner cockpit design, and ultimate customization
- Enhanced Brake System – Making the best even better, the new DURA-ACE brake system offers a quieter, maintenance-friendly system with improved control
- All New Wheel System – Perfectly blending aerodynamics, rigidity, and weight for the most competitive full-carbon, tubeless and tubular wheel lineup on the market
SHIMANO DURA-ACE: Evolved Di2 Platform and Technology
DURA-ACE R9200’s new Di2 platform showcases Shimano’s most advanced drivetrain technology and shifting performance to date. DURA-ACE delivers 58% faster rear shifting and 45% faster front shifting compared to the current wired R9100 Di2 system. Shimano’s wireless Di2 processing technology, developed in house by Shimano, increases transmission speed and performance, offering reliable, fast shifts every single time. Further Di2 refinements include a charging port and D-FLY wireless connectivity integrated into the rear derailleur.
Shimano DURA-ACE R9200 is wired where it makes sense, featuring a central, multi-port battery that supplies stable, long-lasting power to both front and rear derailleurs. New smaller diameter SD300 wires connect directly from the battery to each derailleur, eliminating the need for junctions and simplifying the build process. The central internal battery also simplifies charging and remains secure over the roughest of roads.
SHIMANO DURA-ACE: The Most Advanced Drivetrain
The new R9200 DURA-ACE drivetrain provides faster, smoother shifting with Shimano’s proven HYPERGLIDE+ drivetrain technology. Developed first for mountain bike applications, HYPERGLIDE+ improves shifting both up and down the cassette, even under maximum pedaling load.
The new 12-speed DURA-ACE drivetrain features optimized gearing options that are engineered for performance and speed without sacrificing drivetrain efficiency. Sticking with 11-tooth small cogs enhances drivetrain efficiency while also retaining compatibility with current 11-speed Shimano freehub bodies. No new standards or proprietary wheel parts necessary.
At the request of WorldTour teams, the DURA-ACE R9200 crankset features an optional 54- 40T chainring combination. More efficient than smaller options, the 54-40T is the best response to the ever-increasing speeds of racing’s top tier.
With 11-30 and 11-34 cassette options, DURA-ACE riders now have even lower climbing gears so that no matter your riding level, you can experience the best road performance available. Despite even wider gear ranges, smooth, consistent gear steps remain a Shimano hallmark
thanks to the addition of the 12th cog. Keeping things simple, the R9200 rear derailleur is offered with a single cage length that is compatible with the entire range of R9200 cassettes.
The DURA-ACE R9200 drivetrain employs the same 12-speed chain used on the Shimano XTR M91000 series, simplifying inventory requirements for retailers and riders.